By Ashim Mitra, Chi H. Lee, Kun Cheng
Provides either basics and new and rising applications
Advanced Drug Delivery brings readers absolutely modern with the kingdom of the technology, offering the fundamentals, formula recommendations, and healing functions of complex drug supply. The ebook demonstrates how center recommendations of pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, and molecular biology may be mixed and utilized which will spark novel rules to layout and boost complex drug supply structures for the therapy of a large diversity of human diseases.
Advanced Drug Delivery positive factors contributions from a world group of pharmaceutical scientists. Chapters replicate a radical assessment and research of the literature in addition to the authors' firsthand adventure constructing drug supply platforms. The ebook is split into 4 parts:
- Part I, advent and fundamentals of complex Drug Delivery, explores physiological limitations, balance, transporters, and biomaterials in drug delivery
- Part II, options for complicated Drug Delivery, bargains validated and confirmed ideas for complex supply of either small molecules and macromolecules
- Part III, Translational examine of complicated Drug Delivery, makes a speciality of regulatory issues and translational functions of complicated drug supply structures for the remedy of cardiovascular illnesses, melanoma, sexually transmitted ailments, ophthalmic ailments, and mind diseases
- Part IV, destiny functions of complex Drug supply in rising examine Areas, examines stem mobile study, cell-based therapeutics, tissue engineering, and molecular imaging
Each bankruptcy presents pursuits and review inquiries to aid readers seize key options and examine their wisdom as they growth in the course of the book.
Advanced Drug Delivery is usually recommended for graduates and upper-level undergraduates within the pharmaceutical sciences who want a strong origin within the fundamentals. it's also advised for pharmaceutical pros who are looking to benefit from new and rising purposes in complex drug supply systems.
Read or Download Advanced Drug Delivery PDF
Similar pharmacy books
A complete evaluation of the technology of drug checking out in all its facets, putting emphasis on applied sciences that use physique fluids except urine for picking out the presence of substances of abuse. The authors talk about many of the physique fluid specimens appropriate for trying out for illicit drugs-particularly saliva, sweat, and hair-describe the structural and production features of on-site trying out units in response to lateral stream immunoassay, and element the pitfalls of utilizing those specimens.
- Combinatorial Chemistry: A Practical Approach (Methods and Principles in Medicinal Chemistry)
- Histamine and H1-Antihistamines in Allergic Disease, Second Edition, (Clinical Allergy and Immunology)
- Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Practical Applications
- Good Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Practice: Rationale and Compliance
- HPLC Method Development for Pharmaceuticals
- Chemistry, Pharmacy and Revolution in France, 1777-1809
Additional resources for Advanced Drug Delivery
Journal of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 7(2), E363–E373. 44. , et al. (1996). Transport approaches to the biopharmaceutical design of oral drug delivery systems: Prediction of intestinal absorption. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 19, 359–376. 45. L. (1993). Estimating the fraction dose absorbed from suspensions of poorly soluble compounds in humans: A mathematical model. Pharmaceutical Research, 10, 264–270. 46. org/wiki/Cell_membrane. Accessed on January 28, 2012. 47. , Molecular Cell Biology, Scientific American Books, New York, NY, 1995.
The low mobility of the buccal musculature as compared with that of the sublingual route makes this site ideally suitable for sustained delivery of drugs . Moreover, this route is convenient, accessible, and generally well complied by patients. Significantly enhanced absorption through the oral mucosa has been achieved with compounds, such as glyceryl trinitrate, captopril, desoxycortisone acetate, isoprenaline, methacholine chloride, nifedipine, perphenazine, and morphine [85, 86]. The major mechanism of absorption through the sublingual route is simple diffusion.
What is presystemic metabolism? 18 PHYSIOLOGICAL BARRIERS IN ADVANCED DRUG DELIVERY: GASTROINTESTINAL BARRIER REFERENCES 1. , Jasti, B. Design of Controlled Drug Delivery Systems, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2006. 2. R. , Raven Press, New York, NY, 1987. 3. X. (2009). Mechanistic approaches to predicting oral drug absorption. Journal of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 11, 217–224. 4. L. Principles of Biochemistry, Worth, New York, NY, 1993. 5. G. Z. ), Pharmacology of Intestinal Permeability I, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1984, pp.