By Cherng-ju Kim
Discussing a entire variety of themes, complex Pharmaceutics: Physicochemical rules stories all facets of actual pharmacy. The e-book explains the elemental, mechanistic, and quantitative interpretation talents had to clear up actual pharmacy comparable difficulties. the writer offers a powerful basic historical past and largely covers thermodynamics, ionic equilibria, suggestions and distribution, floor chemistry and colloids, kinetics, diffusion, and polymer technological know-how. He outlines the most recent examine on diffusion via a membrane and using polymers in dosage forms.
Packed with formulae and versions, the booklet demonstrates the advance of every after which describes using these versions for numerous formula events. The author's precise rationalization of the evolution of the formulae presents a transparent realizing of whilst and the way they're used. This bottom-up strategy delineates the evolution of the formulae and offers a transparent knowing of whilst and the way they need to be used. The publication offers an in-depth evaluation and research of dosage shape layout standards for you to swiftly enforce on your daily paintings.
Read Online or Download Advanced pharmaceutics : physicochemical principles PDF
Best pharmacy books
A finished evaluation of the technology of drug checking out in all its facets, putting emphasis on applied sciences that use physique fluids except urine for deciding upon the presence of gear of abuse. The authors speak about a few of the physique fluid specimens appropriate for trying out for illicit drugs-particularly saliva, sweat, and hair-describe the structural and production features of on-site checking out units in response to lateral move immunoassay, and aspect the pitfalls of utilizing those specimens.
- Medicinal Chemistry: The Modern Drug Discovery Process
- Collaborative Computational Technologies for Biomedical Research
- Protein Formulation and Delivery
- Hydrophilic Matrix Tablets for Oral Controlled Release
- The Alkaloids of Ergot
Additional resources for Advanced pharmaceutics : physicochemical principles
8. C. K. Mathews and K. E. van Holde, Biochemistry, Benjamin/Cummings, Redwood City, CA, 1990, Chapter 3. 9. O. , Ionic Reactions and Equilibria, MacMillan, New York, 1967, Chapters 5 and 6. 10. J. M. Smith and H. C. , McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975, Chapters 2–5. 11. I. , K. Sauer, and J. C. , Prentice Hall, NJ, 1995, Chapters 1–5. 12. V. R. Williams, W. L. Mattrice, and H. B. , W. H. , San Francisco, 1978, Chapters 1–3. PROBLEMS 1. Calculate the work done when a drop of ice (1 µm) evaporates to water at 0°C and 1 atm.
The heat of vaporization for vapor–liquid systems and the heat of sublimation for vapor–solid systems). This equation is known as the Clausius–Clapeyron equation for vapor–liquid and vapor–solid systems. 90) yields: ∫ P2 P1 dP = P2 − P1 = ∫ T2 T1 T ∆H ∆H dT = ln 2 −1 −1 −1 −1 TM(ρl − ρs ) M(ρl − ρs ) T1 where ∆H is the heat of fusion of the solid. 10 The vapor pressure of water at 25°C is 24 mmHg. What is the vapor pressure at 85°C? 8 kcal/mol. , E, H, A, and G) and temperature, pressure, and volume.
116) which can be rearranged to: By taking the slope of the plot of ∆G / T vs. 1 / T, one can determine the enthalpy change for a reaction. 116), as will be discussed in Chapter 3. 3 FREE ENERGY OF FORMATION ENERGY CHANGE AND STANDARD FREE Free energy and its change are state functions. As is the case with enthalpy, the absolute value of free energy cannot be calculated. 69 Source: Data from R. C. Wilhoit, Thermodynamic Properties of Biochemical Substances, in Biochemical Microcalorimetry (H. D.